Monday, June 24, 2019

I love Borongan

We had the best video chat with Elder Holmstead.  3 of his friends, Andrew, Elder DeMille (returned Tuesday from Chile), and Elder Sherman (returned last Wednesday from Honduras) were here and got to talk with Wade.  It was so fun seeing them interact together and share mission stories.  They compared languages and Wade said he's going to need to learn how to speak Spanish so he can understand Jonah and Malan.  He told us the first vision in Tagalog and Cebuano and we were all surprised at how different those two languages are.  Oh and he was talking back in forth in Waray Waray with his companion too!  It's fun to think he can speak 3 languages, 4 including English.  Here are some highlights from our chat:

  • I have to bear my testimony at my last Zone Conference this week.  There were 5 of us that will be leaving so it was an awesome meeting.  I didn't cry (in case you were wondering) but everyone said I was the most emotional.
  • We had a good week of missionary work.  We found 3 new families and 1 new friend to teach.  Please add the Bajado family, Cargando family, Gunda family and Gennelyn Grafil to your prayers.
  • We had splits this week with two districts.  The missionary I was on splits with got sick and so did my companion so I spent 2 days cleaning the apartment.  I'm glad they are feeling better so we can get back to work.
  • We have so many dinner and lunch appointments set this week.  I guess the key to having members feed you is to tell them that you are leaving soon and they will all want to feed you one last time.  It's going to be the best week!
  • The member in our ward from Canada fed us this week and it was awesome.  There was so much Filipino food - it was awesome!
  • 17 more days...everyone says I'm trunky but I'm really not.  I'm still working hard and enjoying every minute of my mission.  I love it here!
Love you all,
Elder Holmstead

Last Zone Conference

The member in our branch fed us the best meal this week.




1 comment:

  1. Very nice.Im glad you enjoy your stay here in phil.sakit.info
    read this website to keep you going and healthy sakit.info

    ReplyDelete