Monday, June 17, 2019

Happy Father's Day

Highlights from our video chat with Elder Holmstead:

  • We had an awesome week!  We found 3 new families to teach.  We were going to an appointment that we had with Dominic and is started pouring rain.  He ended up not being home but his neighbor let us in so we didn't soaked. They had been taught about the gospel before so they knew who we were.  The mom had been recently bit by a centipede and her arm was swollen all the way up to her shoulder.  Elder Lazan and I both had the feeling that we should give her a blessing, but we didn't know how to bring it up.  The feeling came again to us both so we just asked her if she wanted a blessing.  She said yes and at the exact moment that Elder Lazan said amen the rain suddenly stopped.  It was so powerful!  We have a follow up appointment with them this week.
  • Ricky and Gemmalyn came to church again but we had to bump their baptismal date back to August because of some Word of Wisdom problems.  But they are continuing to work through them so we are hopeful.
  • I have my last Zone Conference this week so I will get the chance to bear my final testimony as a missionary to my Zone.  There are 5 of us going home together so it will be an awesome conference. 
  • I am working on making custom basketball jersey's for my Zone. Who would have thought I would be using my graphic design skills from high school on my mission in the Philippines!?
  • It has started raining again so it looks like summer in the Philippines is over.  It's still so hot and humid.  I'm honestly looking forward to the dry St. George heat.
  • Welcome home to my bro Clancy!  Can't wait to see him and hear about his stories from Scotland and Ireland.
  • I'm working hard to finish up these last 3 weeks strong.  I love my mission and am so grateful to be here!
Happy Father's Day!  Love you all.

Elder Holmstead






No comments:

Post a Comment