Tuesday, May 7, 2019

MLC in Tacloban

Here are some highlights from our video chat with Elder Holmstead:

  • MLC was the best!  We did some fun games including a trivia challenge of the Missionary Handbook which my team won.  It's always a good time seeing Elders from my batch and past companions.
  • While I was in Tacloban we went shopping and I got a sweet machete.  I'm hoping it will make it on the airplane ride home.
  • I got sick on the bus ride back to Borongan but I'm feeling great now.
  • Ricky and Gemmalyn came to church again this week so that was awesome.  We are going to teach them this week about tithing which has been a hard concept for them so we are hoping it goes better this time.  They are still on track to get baptized in May.
  • I have been studying the Old Testament lately and I'm enjoying it.  The mission has definitely taught me how to study.
  • Fast and testimony meeting is interesting here.  If anyone talks for more than 2 minutes, a member of the bishopric will tap them on the back which means time is up.  They will also tap someone if their story or scripture does not relate to testifying of Christ.
  • For p-day this morning we had a fun adventure.  We traveled to a village, crossing the bridge in Borongan, (see pics below) and picked coconuts.  We mixed the coconut milk with sweetened condensed milk - it's so good!
  • This is going to be a busy week.  We have Zone Conference and interviews with President Argana.  It's my last interview before my exit interview. WHAT!?

MLC with the AP's, Zone Leaders and STL's

MLC with President and Sister Argana

Elders from my batch.  We are all going home together.

Elder Murphy, Elder Laitenen, Elder Ababa and Elder Holmstead

Borongan District

More pics of Borongan District

Kids of a family we are teaching.  They are the best!

Birthday dinner celebration Filipino style

The Capones family.  Their kitchen is on the right behind them.

A random vehicle burning down as we drove by.  No one was there to stop us - we could have walked right up to it.

Bridge we crossed going to the village to pick coconuts.

Another beautiful day in the Philippines.

...and another!

On the back of the trike as we headed into the village to pick coconuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment