Monday, May 13, 2019

Happy Mother's Day

Here are some highlights from our video call with Elder Holmstead:

  • Happy Mother's Day! It's crazy to think this was going to be our last call before I get home but we still have 8 more calls.
  • We went to Catbalogan this week for Zone meetings.  We traveled about as far west as we can go in our zone.  It was another long, bumpy trip.  We pretty much went up one mountain and down the other side to get there.  I sat in the front seat this time so I didn't get car sick.  We almost couldn't find any buses back to Borongan.  Me and Elder Buan were running around the bus terminal trying to find a bus that could take us and our entire zone back.  Luckily we found one so it all worked out.
  • I had my last interview (before my final exit interview) with President Argana this week.  He asked me to start setting goals of what I want to accomplish when I get home.  That's kind of weird to think about so I haven't started that list yet.  But I'm going to work on it.
  • I set a goal to read the Book of Mormon one more time before I go home.  I am in Alma so I'm getting there.  I love Alma 5 and reading about the battles that Alma the Younger fought in.  I am also still reading the Old Testament.  I'm in Deuteronomy so that's going good too.
  • It's election week in Borongan so we have a curfew at 6:00pm tonight and 5:00pm tomorrow.  Elections here are crazy.  People will stand on the corner and literally give people money to vote for them.  This election shouldn't be too crazy, but you never know in the Philippines.
  • We had one of our investigators at church yesterday so that was good.  Ricky and Gemmalyn weren't able to make it because Gemmalyn had to work.  But they let us know beforehand that they could't make it so that was good.  They are still progressing and we are hopeful they will get baptized in June.  We also found 2 new investigators (Danica and Loveit) so please add them to your prayer list.
  • My trainer, Elder Roth, is coming back to our mission this month so it will be fun to see him.  He is actually coming back to see his girlfriend so that's interesting.
Side note from Wade's parents: We got Elder Holmstead's flight plans last night.  He will be flying home July 10th, arriving in the Cedar City airport at 6pm.  He actually leaves Manila on July 10th at 8:10am, travels for over 24 hours and gets to Cedar that same day at 6:00pm.  That's going to be the longest day of his life!  We are so excited for his return, but are enjoying every last minute that he has in the Philippines.

Thanks for all your love and support!

Zone training in Catbalogan

Matching ties and watches

On our way to Zone Training in Catbalogan.

Posing with our matching watches at a local restaurant.  They had the biggest and best burgers around!

No comments:

Post a Comment