Monday, April 22, 2019

Staying in Borongan

Here are some highlights from our video chat with Elder Holmstead:

  • I'm still here in Borongan with Elder Buan and I couldn't be happier. We received 4-5 new missionaries this week so we were busy on Tuesday picking them up and getting them to their new areas.  Several of them came from Sogod, which is about as far away as you can get from Borongan.
  • This week was "Holy Week" in the Philippines so we weren't able to do much work.  Thursday everyone was off work, Friday was the same since it was Good Friday.  On Saturday and Sunday everyone went swimming at the beach.  We are hoping that things back to normal this week so we can get some teaching done.
  • A couple of our investigators are close to baptism so we hoping to get them committed to a date in May.
  • May favorite part of Come Follow Me this week was reading the daily scriptures about the last week of the Savior's life.  I read every footnote in Matthew 26 and it was cool to see how connected the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants are to the Bible.
  • Today (p-day) we are getting together as a zone to play ultimate frisbee on the beach so that should be a good time. 
  • Elder Buan lovingly reminded me that I have 11 more weeks until I go home.  We asked him if he was getting trunky at all and he said, "I love where I am at right now and am enjoying the work so much."
  • Next week is MLC so he will be heading to Tacloban next Tuesday.
Happy Easter everyone!  I love you all.

Elder Holmstead
Philippines Tacloban Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment