Monday, April 15, 2019

Exchanges with AP's

Here are some highlights from our video chat with Elder Holmstead:

  • I had exchanges in Tacloban this week with the AP's.  I was with Elder Murphy from my batch.  We set a goal to testify to 30 people in one day.  The most I have ever done in a day is 22 so I knew we would have to work hard.  And we did it!  We spent all day testifying and we met so many new people.
  • General Conference was awesome!  Some of my favorite talks were Elder Stevenson from the Priesthood Session, Tad R. Callister, Elder Bednar, Brook P. Hales and of course, all of President Nelson's talks.  We only had about 5 members at the church on Saturday morning for the Priesthood session, but then more filled in throughout the day.  We had a pretty decent turn out on Sunday for those sessions.  A lot of members go on vacation during conference week.  We did not have any investigators attend conference so we will be working extra hard with them this week.
  • I loved the music at conference! The BYU choir was the best and probably some of my favorite music I've heard at conference. I am going to download it so we can listen to it in our apartment.
  • Elder Buan affectionately keeps reminding me that I only have 12 weeks left.  This is crazy!
  • Elder Buan's brother got released from the hospital.  Thank you for all your prayers.
  • I am in a trio this week because an Elder in our Zone went home.  The new Elder is from Tonga and he's a big guy.  He's awesome and we are having fun together.
  • Transfers are this week so we are going to be busy getting new Elders settled into their areas.  I think (and hope) I will be staying in Borongan with Elder Buan.
  • The weather is so hot.  We took a trike bike from our apartment to the internet cafe because it's too hot to walk.  Even though the cafe is only a 5 minute walk.  I'm constantly sweating.
Side note from mom - Elder Holmstead looks so good. He is healthy, happy and always has a big smile on his face. We love talking to him and are so grateful for the closeness that it has brought our family. We will be reading the daily scripture about the last week of Christ's life from Come Follow Me together as a family this week.  Wade reminded us that a family that prays together stays together. It was a good reminder of how important our family prayers are and how they help us stay close.

No comments:

Post a Comment