Monday, April 8, 2019

Zone Conference and Interviews

Here are pictures and highlights from our video chat with Elder Holmstead:

  • There was an earthquake this morning so that was pretty exciting.  It lasted about 5 seconds and I wasn't sure if we should run outside or just stay in bed.  So we stayed in bed and luckily all was well.  That was the biggest earthquake I have felt since I've been here.
  • Can't wait to watch conference.  I already listened to Elder Holland's talk this morning while I was emailing and doing reports.  My companion is trying to download the rest of the talks so we can listen to them today. Our branch will watch conference together on Saturday and Sunday this week at our church.
  • My companion's brother (Ian Buan) is in the hospital so please pray for him and put his name in the temple.
  • We met a new family this week that we have been teaching.  They already have a date set for baptism so I'm excited about that.
  • We had a couple of our investigators come to church on Sunday so that was a highlight.
  • I travelled for 4 hours to the other side of our zone for Zone Conference.  It was a bumpy ride, but the views of the village were amazing. We left at 4am so it was a long day.  After ZC, we went to one of President Argana's favorite restaurants and it was so good.
  • Interviews with President Argana went good. I asked him if I was going to get the chance to train.  He said, "Elder Holmstead, how many Elders will you help if you train."  I answered one.  And then he said "How many elders can you help if you are a Zone Leader." So it looks like I'm staying in Borongan as a ZL until the end of my mission which I am more than ok with.  But President did say the he will pray about it and let me know if the Lord feels different.
  • One of the couples we are teaching is having a hard time with paying tithing.  I testified of the blessings and promises that will come to them if they will have faith and pay it.  The spirit was so strong and I could feel that what I was promising them was true.  Please pray for them this week that they will accept tithing and continue moving forward.

Home sweet home!

Inside of our apartment.  There are 4 Elders living here so we should have 4 desks, but there is only 2 so we share.  We get 13 containers of water which should last the entire cycle.  Ours are almost out so we will need to buy more.  Good thing water is cheap to purchase here.

This apartment is made for 2 Elders, but there are 4 of us so 2 of us sleep on the floor.  My bed is the blue one on the floor.

I made Adobo chicken last week.  It actually turned out pretty good.  I am trying to perfect some Filipino dishes before I get home.

FHE with one of the families in our district.


Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment