Monday, January 28, 2019

Stayin Sogod Strong

So the transfer announcements came this week and I am officially staying for another cycle.  I am the longest one in Sogod Zone, but It's all good because I'm loving it here.

We had a bunch of missionaries transfer and some new ones training so we basically spent 2 days just helping people at the terminal so they wouldn't get lost or anything.  Transferring is kinda crazy here but it's all good.  Anyways me and Elder Tabelisma are still companions and we are still working hard.  Right now we are here in Tacloban for MLC which should be a good time and next week we have a special conference and we get to meet with President Schmutz, the Philippines Area President, so that should be really cool.

One little adventure we had this week was we were going to this kinda far away area and on the way there were a bunch of statues of Jesus Christ and we starting following the statues and eventually ended up on the top of this hill with a really cool view of the whole Sogod Bay.  I sadly didn't have my camera but next time we go I will for sure take some pics.

Our main progressing people are Sister Glaiza and Brother James Carlo who are both set for baptism on February 23.  They are both doing really well and the only thing holding them back from baptism is that we need to finish teaching them.

Anyways cool to hear I have a room for college thats kinda crazy don't know if i'm ready for that haha.  Also I think I will buy a ukulele today :)

Anyways love you tons, the Church is true.  God is in control and we can trust in him.

Elder Holmstead
Philippines Tacloban Mission

We asked how his toes are doing:  I will take a pic for next week.  They are growing back good, just about half way.

Pics us with some members after Church

No comments:

Post a Comment