Sunday, April 22, 2018

Maayong Semana

This email is entitled in Cebuano because I have been trying to use more of  it but now I like can't really speak Waray-Waray of Cebuano it is just a mish mash or sagul as they would say which is what they speak here so that's all good.

Anyways this was another great week in Calubian.  We have realized that we haven't really had any new investigators for the past few weeks so this week we spent a lot of time just going to a bunch of houses and teaching lesson 1.  We have also taken the challenge of President Argana to use the Book of Mormon in every teaching opportunity and man the Book of Mormon has power.

I don't know what it is but like 3 people just opened up to us and were crying as they told us about trials they were having and we just testified that everyone has trials but if we live the gospel of Jesus Christ and stay faithful all of our trials will become things that make us stronger.  I have seen that soo many times already on the mission.  

One of new investigators Brother Jayce is super cool and he was super receptive when we started teaching him.  He asked us why there are so many churches and using the Book of Mormon we shared about how many churches will come saying I am the Lord's, I am the Lord's but they are just built up to get gain and he was like oh that makes a lot of sense.

We were then teaching his dad Brother Rodrigo and he asked about why infants don't need to be baptized and we shared Moroni 8 about how baptism is for the remission of sins and how children are clean and pure and he also was like wow that makes sense.  They both accepted Baptismal dates so hopefully they can progress.

Jhon Rex and Noel are progressing well.  Hillboy Family has been dropped because they must have moved or something.

Questions from mom and dad: How many miles does your mission cover?  I have no clue how many miles my mission covers but my address is just Calubian, Leyte, Philippines.

What is your favorite scripture or scripture story since you have been on your mission? I have two favorites:

1st: I have really loved the Stripling Warriors while i've been on the mission.  Just because they fought armies and were always outnumbered but they never feared or doubted and were saved.  I have been trying that to never fear or doubt or get discouraged and then I will make it through.

2nd: The end of Alma 31 about Alma praying for success as they go to teach and how the Lord blessed them.  It just always gives me a boost when I need it.

Love you tons!!

Elder Holmstead
Philippines Tacloban Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment