Monday, April 16, 2018

Another week in Calubian!

So this week was pretty normal not much exciting happened.  We did go to Tacloban for zone interviews and I learned that I lost weight :(  All the hills are keeping me thin haha.  I went into my interview with President Argana and he shared with me how President Nelson's talk from Sunday Morning was what the mission needed to hear and I was like hey that was my favorite talk no way.

We have kept teaching Brother Orlando, Sister Layza and Jhonrex and Noel.  Jhonrex and Noel should be getting baptized in two weeks so that is exciting.  Jhonrex and Noel were the only ones at church but we had a pretty good attendance so that was good and we helped our ward to plan a ward activity.  They haven't had any this year so that should be fun.  I'll let you know the specifics of the activity when it gets closer but it sounds like fun.

Our zone conference is on April 26 so hopefully I can get the journals and hear about when we get to skype home then.

Oh for riding the karabaw we were just walking down this path in the bukid and Elder Gomboc just asked a random guy if we could get a picture on the karabaw and the guy was just like sure.

And yeah dad Tatay is right :)

Question from mom and dad: What is the language going?  Language is going really good.  I can understand people which is a major bonus, sometimes it is still hard to speak but I feel like people can understand me so that's good.  Oh by the way I spoke in sacrament meeting yesterday and a member said that she understood everything and I did the whole thing in the language so that was cool.

Anyways, Love you tons!!

Elder Holmstead
Philippines Tacloban Mission

Me with Noel and Jhonrex

Eating some cheese flavored seaweed

A pretty epic dart throw by Elder Gomboc

No comments:

Post a Comment