Sunday, November 5, 2017

Zone Conference and Fast Sunday

Kumusta an akon kag-anak?

Maupan ini nga semana.  Elder Roth was sick at the start of the week so we didn't get to do much work but I got to give him a blessing before the start of zone conference and he has been fine since then.  The Priesthood is truly the power of God to help others be happy and experience the blessings of salvation. 

I think that God knew that we weren't able to do much finding this week so he blessed us by having investigators just show up at church and we were like sweet.  We got to teach them in Gospel Principles, which we teach every week now which is a pretty good experience.  We have taught about Eternal Marriage and Temple Work and Family History Work.  I have been thinking a lot this week about the temple and the amazing blessings that come from it.  I definitely miss not having a temple just down the street to go and feel the Spirit super strong.  I hope that one day we can get a temple here in Tacloban because it would bless so many members that have to go all the way to Cebu for the temple.

Anyways, we had zone conference this week which was super awesome.  It was in Tacloban so we got up early and traveled there.  We got some training from the AP's about setting good goals and focusing on key indicators which was good stuff.  President Argana showed us the areas that are achieving the Standard of Excellence and they were all sisters areas so us Elder's need to step it up haha. We also got a bunch of training about using our time wisely and making sure we are being productive but also not doing to much to overwhelm us.  And then we ended with training about disaster plan and stuff.  We are betting that a natural disaster is happening soon because they literally talk about being ready for a typhoon at every single zone thing.  

We taught Neljane again this week and we have to push the baptism until two weeks because we have to finish teaching her and get an interview with the zone leaders so it is a process but she is super excited and ready so it's all good.  

I forgot to mention I got my package from LBC last week so they actually come pretty fast.  Hopefully my USPS one gets here soon.  We have zone interviews on friday so maybe I will get it then.  I am loving all the American candy because they don't use enough sugar here so everything kinda tastes bland so it's been great feasting haha.

Sounds like Halloween was crazy as always. Sadly they don't celebrate that here, but they do have this thing called All Saints Day where everyone goes to the cemetery for the whole day so that was pretty crazy. I am excited to see where all my friends end up on missions.  We are already all over the world so it is awesome that even more are going out.  

Work is going great.  I am loving the mission life.  Sometimes it is really hard and days are discouraging but those are the days that I feel the love from God and I am strengthened.  Philippines is the best.

Hinay kamo ngan Ginhigugma ko kamo

Elder Holmstead

Sunset in the Philippines

Sunset in the Philippines 

Our second counselor serenading us 

My new bike

Zone Conference Activity October 30, 2017

Zone Conference lunch October 30, 2017

Tolosa Zone Conference October 30, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment