Monday, November 13, 2017

Exchanges, Interviews and Bike's Part 3

Kumusta an kag-anak ko,

This was a really good week.  It felt like it went by super fast which usually means it was a really good week.  I only have two weeks left in my training which is crazy to think that I am going to be leading in 2 weeks.  Hopefully I am ready haha.  The Lord qualifies those who he calls I guess.

Anyways some of the highlights of the week was that we got Neljane interviewed for baptism so she is officially set for Saturday for baptism. I am super excited because she seems so happy and ready to get baptized and now she is telling us that she wants her friends to get baptized too.  So now we got some more teaching to do haha.  

We had exchanges this week with our zone leaders.  I went with Elder Johnson who is from Tennessee and he goes home in 2 weeks.  He is a super good missionary and gave me a bunch of good advice about how to be more effective in finding and working as a missionary.  I definitely have had some awesome zone leaders throughout my training which is a major blessing.  We explored Mayorga which was cool and rode their bikes through a rain storm.  

Also we had zone interviews in Tolosa which was pretty fun.  We had a big training by the AP's about exact obedience.  I have been working really hard to stay exactly obedient at all times and I have already seen miracles.  One of them was that on Sunday our branch finally got to business and set apart a ton of people to callings which is a miracle because they haven't set anyone apart since I have been here.  After the training I got to talk with the Elder De Mesa and Elder Kuehne, the AP's, for awhile while we waited for interviews.  They told some good stories from the mission so that was a good time.  I got my health checkup and I have gained 6 pounds in 6 weeks, the filipino food is getting to me haha.  But I am feeling healthy and good so that's a plus.

Oh and we are getting new bikes again.  President Argana said he wanted us to have some good bikes and now we are getting actual mountain bikes that will not break, because I already broke my new bike 😬

We had a really good week teaching.  We got a referral of this family that lives with a member and we have already taught them about the restoration and the plan of salvation and they seem really interested.  They really want to get baptized all they need to do is get married, big problem here with lots of investigators, but they seem really dedicated to it so I will let you know how that goes.

I got my package too.  It was a great day.  Those brownie things that you cook in the microwave is amazing.  And the pants work great.

One request for everyone who gets this email.  If anyone has any experiences of receiving the blessings of keeping the Sabbath day holy or paying tithing I would love to hear about it.  Thanks

Missionary work is going great.  I'm loving it here in the Philippines.  It is an amazing place even if I still can't understand people most of the time.

Love you,

Elder Holmstead

Mayorga Beach

Family Photo: Me, Elder Roth and his trainer Elder Kuehne, the AP 

The Biggest Banana I have ever seen

New bikes (and I mean actually new bikes!) I just got this after I sent the group email, it is like Christmas.

Tolosa Zone follow-up training with assistants to the President, health and blood pressure check with Sis. Argana and interview with Pres. Argana (11-9-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment