Sunday, November 19, 2017

1st Baptism!!

Maupay hin duro nga semana!

Malipayon ako para ha mga bendisyon tikang ha Ginoo ini nga semana. Nagkita ako damo nga mga miracles ha aton area.  Syahan, mayada kami han pagpabunyag ni Neljane. Maupay hiya!  

So for all the non-waray-waray speakers that said  that I was super happy this week for all the blessings from the Lord.  We have seen many miracles in our area.  1st we had baptism for Neljane . It was Great!

The day was super stormy because we had a low pressure system coming through the area so it rained and rained and rained.  Our branch also decided to change the time of the baptism to right when the Burauen Branch was having an activity in the room with the font.  It seemed like everything was just going wrong but once everyone showed up we were able to have the opening exercises in another room and then quickly use the font for the baptism.  The spirit was super strong and she was soo happy to be baptized a member of the Church.  Her uncle, Brother Michael, our second counselor in the Branch Presidency baptized her and then she was confirmed in Sacrament Meeting yesterday.  It was amazing to see everything come together after it seemed like nothing was going to work out.

I also had exchanges this week in Abuyog which was pretty crazy because it is only like 30-45 minutes away from Anibong but they speak Waray-Waray S mixed with Cebuano.  I didn't think I would be able to speak or understand anything but I was actually able to understand almost everything that people said and I shared a pretty good amount in the lessons.  One of the members we talked to said that my Waray-Waray was very good, he was probably just being nice but it definitely helped my confidence that I am progressing in the language.

As for other investigators we got referred a part member family that is super awesome.  The wife is a member but her husband is not yet.  We have taught them the first 2 lessons and we extended an IBD and Tatay accepted and the grandpa that lives there so were very excited.  Also their is this group of kids likes to sit and play games in front of our branch president's house and after seeing Neljane be baptized 5 of them wanted to hear the lessons.  We were able to teach them a good lesson and I am hoping that they will be baptized in December.

It's crazy that this is week 12 of my training and next Tuesday we have transfers.  It will be weird to have a new companion and lead the area so that should be a good challenge. 

I wanted to share this scripture verse from my reading this week.

21 Behold, say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting 
nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it 
shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even untthe ends of the earth.

I know that this verse is true and that we just need to believe in Christ and not doubt then we will have the power to do all things the Lord needs us too.  I have already seen this work many times in my mission when I know that through Christ I can overcome any challenges that come up.  I love that quote, Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith because if we have faith in Christ we can do all things.  I know this is true.

Love you tons,

Elder Holmstead


Abuyog apartment 

Neljane's baptism

Our little friend that has been hiding from us for a week that we finally trapped and killed

Pesto Pasta Philippines Style Marasa hin duro!!

I didn't have a talk or anything for those blessings of sabbath day and tithing I just wanted to see if anyone had experiences that I could share with investigators.  Thanks for sending me those they are awesome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment