Sunday, November 26, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving

Wow what a week!

I had a really good week of work.  We had some exchanges with the zone leaders and I went with Elder Basulgan.  He is really awesome, we got the short end of the stick and had to go to our area without the bikes so we walked for like an hour and a half to teach one lesson then walk back but it was fun and he taught me a lot on the way.  While we were teaching our less active named Edward, his older brother who is usually drunk came and said he really wanted to hear what we were teaching and wanted to listen next time we came which was really awesome.

Me and Elder Roth have been teaching this big group of kids that are all super energetic and really want to hear our message.  They are super fun and always participate in lesson so that is fun.  I really hope we can get 5 or 6 of them baptized in the next 3 or 4 weeks.  

I finished the Book of Mormon for the first time on my mission yesterday and I went through it looking for examples of seeing people use faith to overcome hard experiences and my testimony has been strengthened so much on the power of trusting in the Lord when we are having trials.  One of my favorite examples in the Stripling Warriors because they had some seriously hard trials but they never wavered in faith and always trusted in God.  It is a true book and I love reading it.  I challenge everyone to read it daily and to watch how much better it makes the rest of your day.

Today is my last day with Elder Roth and we have transfer announcements tomorrow so I will let you know what happens next week.  The anticipation is killing me haha.

Thanksgiving was pretty uneventful because everyone in our apartment was sick except for me.  We basically just chilled and played like ten thousand rounds of UNO and then we bought a chicken and had a feast, Philippines Style.

Sad to hear about Grandpa Christensen.  I will miss him tons, but I know that he will is with Grandma now and is so happy.  The plan of salvation is real and I know he is with me now.

Sounds like the family reunion was lots of fun kinda sad I missed it.  I loved getting all the notes from the cousins, that brightened my day.  

Anyways the work is going well and I am feeling the joy of the gospel.  It is true and it changes lives.

Hinay kamo,

Elder Holmstead

District Picture

Exchanges with the Zone Leaders

Thanksgiving Feast

Pics with all the kids we teach






Video of a little rain storm that came through

No comments:

Post a Comment