Monday, December 4, 2017

New Companion and Eating Monkey

Grabe crazy week,

So the biggest news is that I got a new companion.  His name is Elder Escalona and he is from northern Luezon in the Philippines.  He has been in the mission for 1 year.  He is super awesome and exactly obedient.  I knew that we would get along well when one of the first things he said was that he misses watching the NBA. Don't know if he likes Star Wars. His English is pretty good but we speak a lot of Waray-Waray so hopefully my language improves a lot over this next cycle.

We have a really good week of work.  We found 5 new investigators and the number of investigators with baptismal dates went from 1 to 11 in 4 days so we have been working really hard.  All of the kids we teach are still really happy to learn and they come to church every week.  Most of them come from part member families and the parents are less active so hopefully we can get the kids baptized and then re activate the families.  

We had tons of birthday parties this week in our branch which is crazy because I had only gone to 1 in the first 2 cycles but 2 in the past week.  Birthdays in the Philippines are basically when it is your birthday you spend all day cooking tons of food and then you invite the entire town to your house to eat.  I love birthdays here.  While we were their they brought our this weird looking fried food and my companion lovingly told me that it was monkey so I immediately ate some.  After eating for a little he told me that it was actually deep fried Chicken head which was pretty strange but better than I thought it would be.  

It's crazy that it is already December.  It doesn't feel like it at all because the weather is the same everyday but I am excited to experience Christmas in the Philippines.  I love the ornament on the tree that is awesome.  Sounds like the Christmas party was awesome.  Our branch is having a party on December 22 so I am looking forward to that.  

Oh Elder Hassan got a new companion too.  His name is Elder Aroa and he speaks little to no english so now we have 2 americans and 2 filipinos in our balay.  It is a party!

Love you all have a great week!  

Elder Holmstead and Elder Escalona

Elder Hassan (Kaysville, Utah), Elder Holmstead, Elder Aroa, Elder Escalona

Lunch with Roomies!

No comments:

Post a Comment