Monday, October 30, 2017

Maupay nga Semana!

Well another week down!

We have been putting in the work in Anibong this week and it has been great.  We have been teaching Neljane some more and I think she will be baptized next week, it was supposed to be this week but we can only teach if a 30 year old guy is with us so that is a challenge but she is progressing super well which is great.

We haven't been able to find any houses and i'm not sure we actually will, they just don't have a housing market in the Philippines but it's all good.  The bike ride is keeping me nice and healthy.  Oh, and about the bike situation, I got a new bike.  Our new supply manager brought me a nice bike from another area of the mission, but sadly I have no pictures but I will next week.  It already had to get the pedals and seat replaced but now it is a beast.  

I have been understanding a lot more this week in Waray-Waray and I have actually been able to hold some conversations with people which is pretty awesome.  We have been teaching our Gospel Principles class at church so I get some good opportunities to share to some people.  

The biggest news of the week, I got my first baptism.  Not technically a convert baptism but I baptized this little 8 year old girl named Jennalyn.  She is super awesome and I got the opportunity to baptize her.  Luckily the baptism was in english so I didn't mess up the words to bad but I could feel the spirit super strong as I saw the happiness that came to her as she was baptized.  I have found that as I have been focusing on others I am a lot happier and I feel the spirit a lot stronger. sadly I got no pictures:(

Elder Roth got sick on Sunday so we have been staying in the apartment the past few days.  It has been giving a great opportunity to read the Book of Mormon.  I started at Alma chapter 1 after church and now I am at Alma 46.  It is truly an amazing book and it changes lives.

We have zone conference tomorrow so that should be a pretty good time.  Can't wait for Snowbird 2019 with the bros.  

Ginhigugma ko kamo!

Elder Holmstead

No comments:

Post a Comment