Monday, October 23, 2017

Baby Shark has taken over the world....and lots and lots of rain

Another week down!

Transfer announcements came in and I will be staying in Anibong and Elder Roth is still my trainer. But a little news is that our district changed boundaries so now we are in a different district than the house that we live in.  We think it is President's little way of telling us we really need to find a new house.

Speaking of finding a new house.  We have found 3 new apartments that are possibly.  One is to small, one is too big and really scary, and the other is really expensive.  So the hunt continues....

As for the big bad bike problem. We asked our supply manager if we had permission to buy a new bike and they said no so we took the bike to a welding shop and it is temporarily fixed for the time being.  Probably like a week of so.  The new supply manager is bringing a new bike for me so hopefully that works out.  Before we heard if we could buy a bike we tried to take the public transportation to our area, which is trikes which is basically a motorcycle with this big sidecar, but they don't go out to our area so we ended up walking 13 miles to get to our area and back.  After that we sent some good texts to the supply manager and now we are getting a new bike which is great.

Sadly we may have to drop the Raynada family because they haven't been coming to church, but Neljane is still progressing really well so that is great.  We are just trying to work as hard as we can and hope that everything will work out.  I have been realizing that I can't just force someone to get baptized or listen to us, they still have agency to accept our message so I don't need to be discouraged because they are not rejecting me but they are rejecting Christ.  and sadly no new investigators but that will change next week :)

P-Days in the mission are still a pretty busy day.  Most of the time we have to go to Tacloban to email because the internet in Burauen is bad which takes up a lot of the day.  We get to eat some KFC,which is great, but of course it is served with rice.  It is crazy here because the nicest and most expensive restaurants here are McDonalds.  They charge the same prices as in America so it is pretty expensive compared to other stuff so it is like a luxury meal.  It's pretty funny.  Anyways, we withdraw money, sometimes we go to the mission office to talk to the elders that are there. Oh and of course we laba a lot.  They don't believe in washing machines so it is all by hand which takes a while. And then we work in our area in the evenings so not really any rest but at least we have half a day off. 

Love hearing about the basketball news.  That is crazy with Gordan Hayward, I guess that is karma for leaving the Jazz.  I'm kinda rooting for the Thunder this year I think unless they end up being terrible haha.  We don't play much basketball but it's all good because we gotta put in the more important work.

Oh I should probably describe what the subject line of my email is.  The song Baby Shark has literally been played on every radio all the time in the Philippines.  I hope it hasn't made it to America because it is terrible.  It even made it's way into our ward Primary Program.  And our Branch Activity.  Oh and the rainy season has been coming down hard.  We weren't able to even go to our area on Thursday because it was storming the whole day so we did some studies and played some Uno which was a pretty good time.

Sad that I missed Dad's birthday but I hope it was great!!  The mission life is great.  I love being able to focus on the gospel and bringing people closer to Christ.  I have been learning a lot about relying on the Lord and putting my trust in him.  I have been working on really reading, pondering and praying about the Book of Mormon everyday and it makes my days so much better.  I finished Jesus the Christ, that was an amazing book.  

Love you tons thanks for the recipes!  I will give them a try.

Elder Holmstead













No comments:

Post a Comment