Sunday, October 7, 2018

Faith to Find the Elect

Hey Y'all

This week has been another crazy week.  Lots of stuff going on but I enjoyed it a lot. 

I had two exchanges with new missionaries this week including one who is just out of the MTC.  It was really fun to feel their enthusiasm and to see the fire of new missionaries.  Not to say my fire has gone down of anything you can just see the excitement.  But one thing was I had to rely almost entirely on my Cebuano and I was again reminded about the truthfulness of the Gift of Tongues and how important it is to bring the Spirit to lessons.  One of my favorite quotes from Preach My Gospel says something to this effect  The language of the Spirit can communicate with anyone regardless of language barriers. 

We also had our zone conference this week.  It was a really good time to see a bunch of missionaries from around the mission and to hear the revelation from President Argana.  He challenged us to always have the faith to find the elect.  They are being prepared by the lord and we just have to do our best to find them.  Good reminder for me.

Me and Elder Arienda have been working a lot with Sister Kristine this week and we ended up needing to push her baptism until October 20.  She has been making a lot of changes in her life and is doing really well but we decided to really make sure she has a strong testimony before she is baptized.  She is doing really well and I am excited for her.  Yesterday we also had a little miracle as we were finding.  We were looking for a potential investigator we taught last week and approached a house and found out it was a less active sister with 6 kids that have the potential to get baptized so we are going to try to help them out.

Also shout out for a new temple in Davao!!!! and Washington County!!!!  I am super excited to watch general conference next week and will look out for all the favorites you told me :)

Love you tons!!! The church is true!!!

Elder Holmstead
Philippines Tacloban Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment