Sunday, October 14, 2018

Conference Weekend

Well I was way excited for Conference and as usual I loved it.    I am having a really hard time choosing a favorite and I have forgotten a lot but here is just some of my favorites:

I really loved the story about the temple from Bishop Davies and listening to a prophet.  It was just a theme for me that Prophets really know better than we do and blessings come as we follow.

Also the story of the Sheep Dog with the sheep on the Mountains in the cold.  Really good reminder to care for people especially all the missionaries in my zone.

The funniest joke for me was when President Nelson said he was the mother of 10 children.  I was laughing really hard.

Some of my favorites were also Elder Holland of course and I really liked Elder Renlund's talk as well.  

As I was taking notes during the first session my pen exploded and I was a little disappointed but then I got a thought  "Don't write what you hear, remember what you feel" and as I applied this I got some cool promptings that answered questions I had that weren't directly said.  

One note as well, Me and Elder Arienda have been working really hard to use the full name of the Church because the people here only know our church as the mormons and I have seen that as we have been doing it people are more interested or they ask more questions so it's true for sure.

Aside from Conference we also had more exchanges and I went with another new missionary and had to rely almost entirely on my cebuano.  A trike driver told me my cebuano was really good so I was pretty happy, lots to improve pa.  We also had interviews with President Argana and he challenged us to have more faith and to really encourage our zone as well.  As I have been taking this challenge I have learned and seen more miracles in our work.

Question from mom & dad: What do your STL's do and what responsibilities do you have as a Zone Leader?

So as the zone leaders we are responsible for the whole zone the STL's don't really do anything, because we only have 2 companionships of sisters.  We have to do exchanges every cycle with every district leader(we have 4) and training companionships and give a training at all of their district meetings so we get pretty busy traveling and preparing trainings and doing exchanges but it keeps us really busy which I like.
Love you tons!!

Sorry no pics this week :(

Elder Holmstead
Philippines Tacloban Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment