Monday, September 3, 2018

Let Christmas Begin

Well it's officially September so Christmas has started in the Philippines.  We have already heard Christmas music on the radio in the vans so it's fun haha.

I feel like I write that I am tired every week but it's pretty true.  Our zone is starting to progress so we have been traveling all around for District Meetings and baptismal interviews so it's all good.  I am loving all the travels and getting to see a bunch of different parts of the mission.  

We had a district meeting in Maasin and we did a bunch of practice teaching just role playing a bunch of different scenarios and we were trying to keep it realistic by having interruptions and distractions and stuff and it was super hilarious.  

I also had exchanges this week with Elder Labis.  I also went on exchanges with him last cycle in Dulag so that was kinda interesting.  We have gotten pretty close now in the mission and we had a really good time.  I also got to see Elder Allphin from my batch.

We also traveled to St. Bernard because they had an interview for baptism.  The candidate chose me to interview him and he spoke so fast and slang in cebuano so I was like I don't know what he's saying.  Eventually we learned he acctually drank yesterday so I think he was still a little drunk so sadly he didn't pass.  Pretty interesting experience.

Aside from all of our travels we did get to work here in Sogod.  We are preparing Marlon and Johan for their interviews this week and we also committed a new investigator named Kristine to baptism in October and she also came to church so that was exciting.  The work in still kinda slow here but it is slowly starting to pick up.

Anyways Love you Tons!!

Elder Holmstead
Philippines Tacloban Mission

Pictures!!!
We hiked up this huge hill this morning and took some cool pics.  I look a little bit tired because we woke up at like 4 but it was super awesome views.






No comments:

Post a Comment