Monday, July 23, 2018

Over the Hump

Kumusta kamo?!

This week has been a really great week for the missionary work.  One of the best of the mission.  We have just been finding and teaching all day every day and it was really what I needed.  We were a little bit disappointed because we had the baptismal interview for Brother Lupe but he has a problem from like 20 years ago so now President Argana has to come interview him so it may be a little while until he is baptized.

We played some basketball this morning with 4 v 4 and my teammate gave me a nice elbow to the face and now I got some mean looking battle scars, I'll sen some pics next week because we can't send any at this computer shop.

We had 3 of our investigators come to church which was super awesome because that has been the biggest struggle in this area.  People promise and promise and then Sunday rolls around and then waray na so we have really been focusing on the importance of the Sabbath day so that has helped a bunch.

Here is a list of our main investigators:
Lupe Potot
Jezel Orias, she is like 19 but she is only around 4 and a half feet tall
Jovilyn Capili, the mother of Joshua
Lazar Family, Melchor Jr. and Aliya Mae
Emma Pinada
Lyca Mangatilao
Marivic Valencia

All of them could definitely use some prayers to help them out.

Thanks for the update on the funeral.  It sounded like a really nice service for Grandpa.  I know he is doing well up in the Spirit World.  That was really cool to hear that me and Uncle Wade were both honorary pallbearers.  So happy that I got to call and see you, it made my week

Love you tons!!!

Elder Holmstead
Philippines Tacloban Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment