Sunday, July 1, 2018

Back to Tolosa

So this week has been one of the craziest of the misson.  First off on Tuesday I got a call from the AP's and I have officially become a district leader and they also told me that I was transferring from Calubian.  I spent the rest of Tuesday saying goodbye to all the members and our investigators.  I was a little sad that I won't get to see them get baptized but I am pumped to transfer.  I headed to.......DULAG.  

It is the area that is literally right next to Anibong so I am back in my first zone again.  Elder Laitinen just trained his companion here so I am following up his trainee.  Elder Ababa is my new companion, he is from Cagayen de Oro and it super awesome.  It has only been a few days but he is already one of my favorite companions.  He is fluent in english and Waray-Waray so its legit.  

Dulag is a super good area.  The people here are super nice and finding here is super easy.  We had only 3 days to do finding and we found 8 new investigators, the challenge is just getting return appointments.  The branch just announced that they are becoming a ward and at the end of July a general authority is coming to create the new Tolosa Stake.

The investigators that we have here that I have actually met are Lupe Potot who is a tatay that was super against mormons but then got really sick and it humbled him and now he wants to be baptized.  Then we got Joshua Capili who is the son of a recent convert and his baptism is coming up on the 14th of July.  Grateful to Elder Laitinen for putting in the work and now I just get to have some baptisms haha.

Oh we also had a District Leaders Council this week so I got to go to Tacloban and meet with a bunch of other elders who were called as district leaders.  Including Elder Hassan and Elder Jefferies from my batch. It was basically just a big training on how to be district leaders and we got fed a bunch of new food so it was dope.  

My district that I am over is a companionship that is training right now and another companionship with an elder who has never spoken waray in his mission so we are all really focusing on mastering the language.

So yeah this week had a lot of changes and I am really loving being super busy and in a new area.  Thanks for all the prayers. Love you tons!!

Elder Holmstead
Philippines Tacloban Mission

Pics from the baptism last last week



Goodbyes to the members in Calubian



Me with Elder Ababa

No comments:

Post a Comment