Sunday, June 24, 2018

Baptisms and San Juan

So this week was super exciting because we had the baptisms for Jhonrex, Noel, Jun-Jun Balse, and Kristine Balse.  I was able to baptize all of them which was a really cool experience.  It was weird because during the baptism I wasn't really feeling the Spirit that much and I was kinda confused but for the closing song we sang I am a Child of God and then the Spirit came and I just felt it testifying how important it is to humble ourselves like little children and come unto Christ.

We also had Zone Conference this week which was super good and I learned a bunch.  President Argana gave us a challenge to be more urgent.  He really stressed that we are the ones who are bringing salvation to the lives of God's children.  No one else can do it so we need to never be afraid or lazy to share it to everyone so they have the opportunity to receive this.  That is something I have really been trying to apply, just talking to anyone at anytime.

All of our other investigators are doing really well.  We had the opportunity to do a CSP at the bukid of Brother Jun-Jun Cacananta and he basically just gave us machetes and we cleared this huge forest of bushes.  It was pretty fun.

Also this last sunday it was San Juan in the Philippines which I think means it's the day that they believe John the Baptist was baptized so basically everyone in the whole Calubian went swimming and people were just throwing water on each other in the streets.  It was kinda crazy, luckily we didn't get any water thrown on us.

Oh I did finally get the package from the Jensons.  I think God put an extra special blessing on it because the cookies were still super soft and tasted like they could have been made yesterday even though it was like a month ago.  Also transfer day in on Wednesday so i'll let you know if anything happens.

Love you tons!!

Request from mom and dad:  Please send us a list of all of your investigators:

Alright Updated List of Investigators
Jun-Jun Cacananta
Angel Balce
Adelene Balce
John Paul Balce
Sister Lanie (I don't know her last name)
Jammy Vallente (10 year old referral i think i mentioned last week)
Joel Yare

Those are all of our progressing investigators

Sorry I can't send any pictures because the computer won't read my USB.

Elder Holmstead
Philippines Tacloban Mission

Zone Conference June 20, 2018







No comments:

Post a Comment