Sunday, May 20, 2018

Another Cycle in Calubian!!

So yeah mothers day was great. Loved seeing you!  Seriously the fastest 45 minutes of my life.  

I have another cycle in Calubian with Elder Gomboc.

This was a super busy and fun week.  After skyping we had no transportation back to Calubian so we spent the night in Carigara and then caught ride with a member of the stake presidency in Ormoc which is a stake here to Tacloban and then a ride back to Calubian.  It was a pretty crazy day but we actually got to ride in a car for the first time in like 8 months which was super weird.  I am not used to having space for my legs in a vehicle.

Aside from that I gained a lot of respect for the calling of primary music leader because I filled in this week and I realized how hard it is to teach songs to kids especially when they don't speak english but it was actually really fun.  

We had a ward activity that me and Elder Gomboc basically planned.  We had lots of games with the members it was super fun.  Then we ate a lot of food.  Seriously tons I wish I would have taken a picture, they basically gave away all of the left overs to the members afterwords and I think it would be like when they gathered the 7 baskets of bread after the sermon on the mount.  

Church was a great time also because we got the opportunity to speak again in Sacrament.  We had 8 investigators come and over 100 attendance so we are making progress here.  That is one reason I am super excited to be staying in Calubian for another cycle.  

Thanks for all the love and support.  Love you tons!!

Elder Holmstead
Philippines Tacloban Mission



No comments:

Post a Comment