Sunday, February 11, 2018

Tolosa.....Stake!!

First off, I finally got my packages. Glasses and watch and rain coat, they are great and nothing broke.  The glasses are super good and I'm glad because I have been using the spares while we play basketball in the mornings.

Anyways this week was pretty good.  The first experience this week was that me and Elder Valentine from Abuyog had exchanges.  Combined experience in the mission is less than a year.  I had to do all the leading for lessons, planning, and finding.  I did lots of praying for the gift of tongues and we were super blessed.  I was again reminded of the reality of the gift of tongues because I was actually able to speak and understand also everything that was said to us.

Also we had another exchange with me and Elder Valentine in Abuyog because they had 3 baptismal interviews and I met a bunch of new people and was able to communicate with them.  It was amazing.  I nowhere near fluent but at least I am actually able to speak and share with people.  

We also had District Conference this week so the entire district headed to Tanauan for a special conference and even President Argana came and spoke.  He shared a lot about the importance of daily scripture study and paying tithing.  The church is so new in the Philippines so they have really stressing on getting good studies for leaders so that they know their responsibilities.  Also we learned that about 18% of the district is full tithe payers so that was pretty shocking.  The biggest announcement though was that Tolosa District has met the requirements to become a stake so that was super exciting.  

As for our investigators, Rochelle-Anne will be baptized this weekend which is super awesome.  Mekaela has some weird problems with finding her head of the household so we may have to wait until the week after to baptize her.  Solomon came to church along with Rolando and Ernesto so we were very excited to see them there.  We haven't really found any new investigators this week because we have been really busy with our progressing investigators.  

Thats about it for the week.  Crazy to hear the Eagles won the Super Bowl, I was very excited that it is not the Patriots.  Also keep me updated on the Olympics because I love them haha.  Go USA!  Does the Philippines have a winter olympics team?  

Love you, and next week I will send some good videos but I can't this week because the internet sucks in Burauen.

Elder Holmstead
Philippines Tacloban Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment