Thursday, August 17, 2017

Week 4



Kumusta Kamo!?

Another week down, can't believe that I have already been out on the mission for a month.  Only 23 to left.  The MTC is definitely getting old but it is still all good time.  Got to see Elder Anderson this week which was pretty awesome.  He seems to be doing great.   The days here are pretty much all the same, pero I have had a couple cool experiences this week.

Friday: I interviewed all of the new District Leaders and give some wisdom that I learned as a district leader.  It was cool seeing how I was just in their shoes and could give them some advice.

Saturday:Some of the new elders opened up their vents and found some pretty cool stuff like yoyo's and a 10 year old cookie.  The best part was that they found a love note with a drawing of a dragon which was pretty hilarious.

Sunday:Got to teach a Priesthood class this week about Christlike attributes.  Also we were told that we were going to have a special guest at the devotional on today.  As me and my companion went to the front desk to grab something we noticed a limo pull up an suddenly Elder M. Russell Ballard go out of the limo.  Sadly we did not get to shake his hand but we were within like 5 feet of him.  He gave a talk that was broadcasted to all the MTC's around the world.  

Monday: One of my teachers left today to go to Canada which is sad because she was one of my favorite teachers.  Also watched the Mountains to Climb, Mormon Message which is super powerful and awesome, I totally recommend it.

Tuesday:We got another Broadcast to all the other MTC's which has never happened before.  Elder Neil L. Andersen came this time so now I have seen 4 of the 15 apostles.  Every time they come they give amazing talks and I realize how much I need to improve on.

Wednesday: After the first week of the MTC my district came together and did a little testimony meeting about what we had learned.  This week we had another one of those and I felt the spirit super strong as everyone bore their testimonies.  I have definitely learned that this work is impossible without the Lord and the Spirit and that I need to rely on him through my trials.

Anyways that is all for this week hopefully I get my flight plans this week so I can see when I am heading out.  Only 1 more P-day left in the MTC!  Crazy! Also I want to bear my testimony in Cebuano so here it goes:

Nasayud ko nga ang tinuod kining simbahan.
Nasayud ko nga ang sagrado sa Basahon ni Mormon.
Nasayud ko nga pinaagi sa pagula ni JesuKristo kita malimpyohan sa atong mga sala.
Nasayud ko nga ang mga misyonero nagtawag sa Dios.
Nasayud ko nga sa Dios naghiuli sa ebanghelyo pinaagi ni Joseph Smith.
Nasayud ko nga kon magampo kita sa Dios, niya magtubag sa atong mga pagampo.
Sa ngalan ni JesuKristo, amen.

Love you all and I would love to get some emails!

Amping,

Elder Holmstead

Picture of District with our teacher that left to go to Canada

Sister Gunn and Sister Holmstead (Wade had to correct Taylor that it's actually Elder Holmstead)

No comments:

Post a Comment