Thursday, August 24, 2017

Amping Amerika!

Kumusta Kamo!

It's crazy to think that this will be the last email that I send from America for 2 years. But on the other hand I am super excited to leave the MTC.  It's been super great and I have felt the spirit super powerfully but it just kinda gets the same after a while so I'm excited.  I finally got my flight plans last Friday too which made it really hard to focus during class because I was just thinking about all the Filipino people I will get to teach.  I've been praying that I will be able to learn how to love them and I have just been feeling a huge amount of love towards them even though I have never met them.  It's super awesome and I can't explain it.

Here is what my travel schedule looks like next Wednesday the 30th
Leave MTC at 9:50 am  Pretty awesome that I don't have to leave at 3 am like some others
Leave Salt Lake at 2:54 pm  Only like 4 hours chillin in the airport not too bad
Arrive at Los Angeles at 4:54 pm Not too bad only 2 hours
Leave for Los Angeles at 11:55 pm  7 hours in the Airport :(  I am going to die (but not even the worst part of the trip)
Arrive at Hong Kong at 5:45 am on Friday.  I think we figured that is a 14 hour flight.  Great time for study time and sleep.
Leave Hong Kong at 7:20 am
Arrive in Manila at 9:45 am.

Only like 2 days worth of traveling haha. I hope I make it.  I don't get a P-Day next week because I am only going to have a Thursday for like 5 hours because of all the time changes.  

Aside from travel plans and all the excitement the MTC has been pretty much the same.  We finally got to host some new missionaries which was pretty fun.  They all seemed really nervous and not sure where to go and I got to give some advice and that was super cool.  It seems like just yesterday that was me getting picked up.

Also funny story my host that picked me up got here 2 weeks before me and I leave a week before him.  Stinks to be going to Japan haha.

Got to see the Solar Eclipse which was pretty sweet.  Some elders had some glasses so I got to see it which was pretty awesome.

The Devotionals this week were pretty sweet.  We had Kenneth Cope come and sing which was a little weird.  He was a really good singer but in between songs he would just stare at us and say "You are all so beautiful" probably like 5 times so everyone was a little creeped out, then he told us that the way he shows love to other people is by kissing people, men and women.  Yeah it was kinda strange.  But the 2nd Devotional was from Elder Weatherford T. Clayton of the Seventy.  He gave a super awesome message about the power of the Book of Mormon and the importance of missionary work and it got me super pumped to get out to the field.  We also all sang the Army of Helaman which was super cool because we are all the missionaries in God's Army.

Anyways, I love you all and I love Amerika.  Can't wait to be out in the Philippines doing the Lord's work to his people.  I know that this is the true gospel on the Earth.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that by applying the teaching that are in it I can feel the power that comes from it.  I know that the Lord really helps us in our trials and that as we rely on him he will make us more than we ever thought we could be.  I know that I am going where I need to go speaking the language that he needs me to speak.

Can't wait to hear from everyone in 2 weeks!

Amping, Ayo Ayo, Kitakits
(Take Care), (Goodbye), (See you soon)

Elder Holmstead

 Elder Rodgers and Elder Holmstead



No comments:

Post a Comment