Monday, May 27, 2019

Splits with the AP's

We couldn't see or hear Elder Holmstead, but he could see and hear us.  He typed back and forth with us.  The Mills family were staying with us so he got to see them too.  Here are some highlights:

  • Elder Buan and I travelled to Tacloban this week and did splits with the AP's.  Elder Ababa and I killed it in his area.  It was fun being with my step-son again. I sat in the front seat of the van again so I didn't get car sick.  We stayed with the AP's in Tacloban.  They just got a new apartment.  It's so nice and clean.
  • We got 2 new referral families to teach.  The Estay family was a referral from one of our investigators.  The Cabangisan family was a referral from the second counselor in our branch presidency.
  • Ricky and Gemmalyn came to church and are still on schedule to be baptized in June.  May Ann is on schedule to be baptized July 6th but we may have to push it back so she can be baptized with Francis.
  • Transfers are this week.  I'm 50% sure that Elder Buan will be transferred and I probably will stay here in Borongan.  It's crazy that this is my last transfer!
  • Travis asked him if he dreams in English or Waray-Waray. Good question...I actually dream in Waray Waray.  Elder Tabalisma said when I was with him that I slept talked in Cebuano and recited the First Vision. :)
  • I have a hard time talking in English to Americans.  For some reason it freaks me out.  I can talk in English to other American missionaries but not to Americans that we meet in the streets.  The last American that we met was a 55 year old man who had a 21 year old Filipino wife.  I see that all the time here.
  • Everyone's vote money is pretty much gone so things are getting back to normal around here.  One family that we are teaching got cement floors for their house so they don't live on dirt any more. The election was for governor and local offices.  The Presidential election is in 2021 and I do not want to be here for that.  It will be crazy!
  • We asked him what he is looking forward to when he gets home.  I am looking forward to hot showers, swimming in our pool and sleeping in a bed.  I'm still sleeping on a mattress on the floor but it's all good.
  • We deep cleaned our apartment this morning so it's the cleanest it's ever been.
  • Am I getting released the same day that I get home?  (Yes)  I emailed Elder Dorius and we are planning on being companions until we get released since we are both getting home the same day.
  • Matt Morgan gets home this week.  He emailed me and invited me to his Open House this Sunday - haha!
  • I have pictures but this computer won't let me send them.:(
Love you all!
Elder Holmstead

No comments:

Post a Comment