Monday, November 12, 2018

Maayo Kaayo nga Semana

This was super awesome.  I know I probably say that for every week but this week was especially good.

It started with the MLC.  We had a bunch of minute to win it games and my team took 2nd place.  I hope Sister Argana posted some pics cause I forgot to take any.  We had FHE at the mission home with all the leaders for the mission and it was super awesome especially because like 5 or 6 of my batch was their as well so it was fun to catch up on stories since we first got here.  Also I got a hot shower :)

The next day we had a big training and we just had a big discussion on how to be more christlike missionaries.  I felt the spirit super powerfully as we all shared experiences and insights.  I realized how much the Lord wants us to become like him and how willing he is to help us as well.

We also had our zone interviews with President Argana and as usual he really inspired me to keep working to be a Christlike leader.  

Our work was pretty slow this week because we had so much going on but we did have one cool little story that I want to share.  We were teaching this kid named Neil he is 17 i think and we were sharing about the Book of Mormon.  He started asking some pretty deep questions like "How do you know Joseph Smith translated the Gold Plates exactly right and What time period were the Jaredites from?"  Not usually the questions we get from investigators haha.  But we were trying our best to answer all his questions but then I got a prompting from the Spirit to let him read and answer his own questions so we just stopped bore our testimonies on the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and committed him to read.  It strengthened my testimony that the best thing we can do as missionaries is to give people the way to resolve their own concerns.  

Also one side note, please keep Elder Arienda in your prayers as well because his Grandma who raised him is in the hospital and it doesn't sound like she is doing super well so I know he would appreciate some prayers his way.

Love you tons!!!

Also good news President Argana made our email time back to 1 hr and a half so hopefully I can send some more stuff in my emails :)

Elder Holmstead
Philippines Tacloban Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment