Sunday, August 12, 2018

Life's Good in Sogod

So this week has been one of the craziest of the mission.

First up we got a call from President Argana that I would be a zone leader and that Elder Ababa my companion would be a district leader and a trainer so that was pretty crazy.   I basically just spent all of Tuesday packing and then on Wednesday I headed off to Sogod (pronounced "so good").

My first week there has been a little bit rough because they speak cebuano J there, which is the farthest from waray waray h so it has been an adjustment.  I am so sagul sagul(like mixed up) I feel like I am just back in my training again except for this time we are the leaders of the zone and have to set the example.  in Waray good morning is Maupay nga Aga but now it is Maajong Buntog so it's a big adjustment.

My new companion is Elder Arienda.  He is actually in my batch so it's pretty cool.  He is from Manila so he is native tagalog but he speaks cebuano really well so that's been good.  He is pretty easy going but he is also a really hard worker which is good because Sogod zone is the least progressing zone in the mission.  We will see if we can change that.

Sogod is really big it is basically a city we have a mall in our area and a ton of people so it's pretty cool except for I have been lost the whole time.  I am trying to figure out the area and get to know the members right now but the main priority is adjusting to the language so send some prayers my way.

The one big thing I have seen though is that God always wants us to be improving. He is always trying to help us be better and to get out of our comfort zone.  I have been seeing that because in Dulag I had a great companion and could speak the language well but now I am back to adjusting but I know that I am having this experience to help me grow and become a better missionary. I couldn't ask for any better way to improve.

Sayong this computer also is not letting me send pictures so sorry I have a bunch but it is not letting me send them sorry.

But i am doing great loving it here in Sogod.  I am actually in Tacloban right now because we have a Mission Leadership Council today and tomorrow so that should be fun.  I'll let you know what kind of stuff we do.

Also the drive from Tacloban to Sogod I am convinced is one of the prettiest drives in the world.  Google the Agas Agas Bridge it is crazy.

Anyways Love you Tons!!!

Gihigugma nako kamo

Elder Holmstead
Philippines Tacloban Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment