Monday, January 15, 2018

Rain All Day

Well it has been raining non stop since Saturday and it is still raining now.  When we were coming to Tacloban the roads were flooded and some houses were filled with water so it has been a pretty wet couple of days.

It was transfers this week and......still in Anibong.  Me and Elder Escalona are still companions which is good because we are putting in the work.  Elder Hassan transferred to Borongan which is kinda sad because we have been living in the same house for the whole mission so we got pretty close but it's all good.  Now I am the only american in a house of filipinos.  I have never heard so much tagalog in my entire life.  My language is getting better because I basically have to speak Waray-Waray the whole time.

As for investigators we have been teaching Rochelle-Anne and she is progressing really good towards baptism. Sadly Solomon didn't come to church this week so we were a little bummed. Sorry it's hard to remember all the investigators because we have 25 investigators with baptismal dates so I kinda lose track of where they are all at.  Two return missionaries came back from their missions this week to our branch so they have been helping work a ton.  We found 11 new investigators this week.

Oh one crazy story so the only way to our area is through some pretty rough dirt roads so you basically have to bike or there is no way to get there.  So something happened to my bike so we couldn't ride to church so we basically had to convince a trike driver to take us to Anibong which they usually never do.  We knew we had basically no way home but walking but we trusted somehow we would make it home.  Anyways we started walking back after some work on Sunday in the pouring rain and then a trike came driving through.  It was a huge miracle because trikes are never just driving through anibong so we got a ride home and didn't have to walk for like 3 hours in the rain.  

Other random stuff, I ate cheese flavored ice cream that actually had chunks of cheese in it. really gross.  We had a funeral in our branch and when we went to the cementary a skull was just chilling out next to the hole they dug for the coffin.

Anyways thanks for all the love and support. I have not yet received any of the packages but zone interviews will be in the next week or 2 so hopefully I will get them then.  

Also will you send me some pics of just around St. George because I want to show Elder Escalona what it looks like there.

Love you 
Elder Holmstead

Sorry no new pics, I'll do better next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment