Sunday, December 17, 2017

BAGYO!!

So this week was kinda crazy because we had a typhoon come through.  On Tuesday it started to rain and then it kept raining and raining until Sunday.  I think it made landfall Thursday because we got lots of warnings from President to not go outside the apartment and I could see why.  The wind was really strong and when we rode to church Sunday there were trees all over the roads and most of my area flooded which was crazy.  I guess I can check off living through a typhoon from my bucket list.

We spent most of the week in the apartment which was pretty boring until the storm started going crazy which was a pretty good time.  We did play like 90 games of UNO so i'm pretty professional.  These are the some of the things you can only learn on a mission haha.  I am also almost done reading through all of the conference talks and this was truly an amazing general conference.  My favorite is probably Elder Holland's talk.

Anyways the typhoon scared most of our investigators and members away from Church on Sunday which was a bummer but we still had 2 there.  We spent all of Sunday teaching the appointments that we couldn't go to throughout the week so it was pretty busy.  but it was nice to be back to work.

This week we go to Tacloban for our Christmas zone conference and i'm excited because I get my package!  and I will get to see some of the missionaries from my batch that I haven't seen since I got here so that will be fun.  

Also we heard another typhoon was coming around Christmas time so that will be a good way to spend the holiday.  Hopefully it not very strong or misses our islands.  I'll let you know.  I am doing great and am excited to see you on Christmas!!!

Ginhigugma ko kamo,

Elder Holmstead

I also took some videos during the typhoon but the internet is not good enough to send them in Burauen so I will send them next time I go to Tacloban.

No comments:

Post a Comment