Monday, October 9, 2017

Another Week Down

Wow,

The weeks seem to go by really fast because it feels like I was just emailing.  The days feel really long but the weeks fly by.  The weather is really hot and raining.  We are just hitting the rainy season so it rains everyday.  The weather never really changes, somedays it is just cloudy and others really sunny.  The humidity is great, I haven't really noticed it all.

This week was alright for the work.  We did exchanges with the Burauen elders so I was with Elder Jaring, who actually took me out for my first day proselyting in Tacloban so it was kinda fun to be back together working.  We found 5 investigators and taught some more lessons to Neljane and the Raynada Family.  The Raynada family is still going really good but I guess the parents are members of the Iglesia ni Cristo, which is a popular church here that has a lot of the same beliefs as us, so we have been focusing a lot on the Book of Mormon and the Priesthood and stuff like that.  We are really hoping that they gain a testimony of the book because they actually read it which is pretty awesome.

Conference was super awesome.  Elder Roth downloaded the whole thing last Monday and then we have been listening to it throughout the week because we thought it might be in Tagalog at the church.  Well it was it English so I have heard it twice, but I loved it.  I have lots of favorite talks some of them include President Uchtdorf's First Talk, Elder Holland, President Nelson and Elder Callister.  I really liked the ones that focused on the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, that was like the main thing I got out of conference.  I also really like Elder Maynes talk about integrity.  It has just stuck with me.  And also Humility from some of the other apostles, I guess their was lots of things I liked from conference.

That is crazy the thing is Las Vegas, we just heard it was like a terrorist attack and lots of people got killed, that is nuts.  As for Christmas music we are only allowed to listen to Hymns, Children's Songbook or MoTab in the mission so we have been listening to lots of Christmas hymns and stuff like that.  Sadly no carpenters :(

I can't believe Jonathan is already home, that is crazy.  He looks pretty much the same.  I usually send emails around 4-5 pm on Mondays.  Sundays are kinda like any other day.  We ride to Church then we stay in Anibong all day.  Our Branch President feeds us lunch every Sunday after church.  This week nobody from our branch came to conference on Saturday sadly but on Sunday are the morning session we had a budil fight, that thing were they pour the rice on the banana leaves with the meat, it was amazing.  I have no special responsibilities at church aside from occasionally speaking and passing the sacrament.  It would definitely be hard to be the Branch President and be a missionary haha.  Oh and we have around 30-50 members at church each week just depends.

Oh we don't have an oven just a stove top and a little toaster oven and a microwave.  If you can send me some good recipes that don't require an oven that would be awesome.

Can't believe you got an old truck dad haha.  Send me a pic I want to admire it.  

That's all I got this week.  

Love you and the Church is true,

Elder Holmstead

 Me and Elder Roth watching General Conference alone on Saturday.

Me at the internet cafe and I got a haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment